Friday, February 11, 2011

Magical remedies

I was invited for a dinner by my office- friend. Yes we have been working for so long that the term ‘colleague’ can now be happily substituted with ‘friend’. I always get delighted to receive an invitation for lunch or dinner for two reasons- first I love to relish good food and secondly for that part of the day I don`t have to venture into the pandemonium called kitchen. I know many women would dislike me for saying this as kitchen is a lovable place but for me since my culinary skills are not so honed properly I prefer to enter kitchen out of compulsion. Even my aunt kept on saying that if you love eating you will also love cooking. She didn`t talk about men who love to eat but don`t know the way to kitchen. As a matter of fact even that saying never implied on me. I am a foodie but kitchen is drudgery.

I was informed to expect a delectable Turkish delight from her. Reaching there it was a surreal dinner table right in front of me. It had Susamli Tavuk (Sesame seed Chicken), Mantarli Pilaf (rice tossed with mushroom) and a starter called Imam Bayildi (minced stuffed eggplant) and red wine which I brought. You must be wondering how I remember names. Well my friend painstakingly cooked all these items and for our Turkish tour had mentioned the names next to the bowls. The names and the look made me more eager and I couldn`t even wait to dig on it. So when the intoxicating smell gulped the portico where we decided to eat it was a different atmosphere that couldn`t be explained in words.

Suddenly to our despair another invite confided that he isn`t feeling well. He got chest pain and nausea and cannot gulp wine also. Well I realized that this guy is in need of acid reflux remedies and asked my friend if we can arrange fennel tea for him. I gave him some candied ginger and also advised to take lots of fresh water. Asked him not to have caffeine for few more days and go for leafy vegetable diet. After leaving him home we returned to her house and had our dinner. Ofcourse the enjoyment got lessened when our friend got ill. Next morning I went to his place with a jar of Aloe Vera juice and bananas as they are best heartburn remedies. Told him to improve his lifestyle and reduce stress. It’s been a week today and Jeff is doing well after seeking medical guidance. We promised to arrange Turkish spread especially for him once he is absolutely fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment